Thank you for stopping by, and for caring about our industry. With your help, we can make a difference in Arizona's home inspection industry.
- TAKE ACTION NOW!!
- Review Current Issues & Calls to Action
- Speak Your Mind on our Message Board
- Read the BTR Report
Home Inspectors are being treated unfairly by the BTR.
DID YOU KNOW:
- Home Inspectors pay 7 times more in annual fees than engineers, architects and others licensed by the BTR.
- It costs more to have a Home Inspector license in Arizona than any other state.
- Home Inspectors represent only about 5% of the BTR's total registrants, yet they are the subject of nearly 50% of all disciplinary actions.
- The complaint resolution process being used against some Home Inspectors is unconstitutional.
- Unlike others regulated by the BTR, Home Inspectors do NOT have representation on the Board.
The BTR is so inefficient, our lawmakers are considering eliminating it. If that happens, home inspectors, architects, engineers, etc will be moved over to the Registrar of Contractors (ROC) which licenses contractors, electricians, roofer, plumbers, builders, etc. Changes are definitely necessary, but moving Home Inspectors over to the ROC isn't necessarily a good solution for consumers either, since Home Inspectors are often called on to help resolve diputes between homeowners and contractors. How would it look if the supposedly neutral Home Inspector was licensed by the same agency that was attempting to resolve the dispute?
The ultimate goal of this website is to reform the AZ Board of Technical Registration (BTR). This reform is overdue, and necessary. The current system is broke - it's extremely expensive, inefficient and unfair. Both the public and the home inspection industry suffer under such a broken system. By resolving the current problems, the public will be better served and Arizona home inspectors will be able to work without unnecessary government interference and expense.
As Home Inspectors, we don't have big lobbying powers like Realtors® and homebuilders do. In fact, we're an industry of sole proprietors and our licensing agency is taking advantage of it. We have to rely on our industry organizations to look out for us. Unfortunately, at least one of those organizations is lead by people who may be part of the problem.
Arizona homebuyers want quality home inspections at affordable prices. Arizona Home Inspectors just want to earn a living without ridiculous fees and harrassment from their licensing agency. With your help, I know we can achieve both.